German Bakery is a heath food cafe and bakery located in South Anjuna. Their menu offers everything from wheat grass, herbal teas, espresso to fresh tofu, hummus, tandoori, salads and pizza, and of course sandwiches made with their famous in-house bread! With large comfortable booths, great music, healthy food and free Wi-Fi broadband, this is a spot where you can spend an afternoon quite comfortably.
- German Bakery is located in a quiet tree-lined lane in Anjuna, close to the grounds that hosts the weekly market. This popular vegetarian, raw food and health food café is set in a spacious charming garden property. Guests may choose to sit at one of the covered booths with low tables and mattresses, which are ideal for lounging and spending a leisurely afternoon, or at tables set up at the charming back garden.
- The café often hosts regular art exhibtions and live music concerts on the stage located at the rear of the premises.
- German Bakery sells natural health food products, such as home-made preserves, organic honey, Apricot oil and vinegar and fresh Yak cheese.
- The café offers free WiFi!
click to enlarge or download image
- German Bakery has been famous for its specialized vegetarian menu, featuring raw foods and organic food, since its inception in 1979. Everything served here is prepared fresh to order, including the hummus and tofu!
- The menu features a choice of fresh fruit juices, milkshakes and smoothies, lassi, and their unique blend of energetic juices such as aloe vera juice, carrot cleanser, crazy coconut juice and much more. They offer a healthy vegetarian and vegan breakfast including, muesli, vegetarian sandwiches and eggs.
- Also on the menu are perennial favourites such as a selection of freshly made soups & and salads served w a large choice of breads, vegetarian main courses, pizzas, burgers and Indian food.
- A highlight here is the homemade ice-cream!
- Established in 1979, and run by Pankaj Kohil, the Germany Bakery in Anjuna, is undoubtedly something of an institution in Goa. Although the name has been adopted by numerous eateries along India's backpacker trail, all offering a similar menu and ambiance, this one claims to be the original. Further, it has no affiliation with the German Bakery in Arambol.
- Since its founding in the late 70s, Anjuna's German Bakery has been catering to the steady flow of travellers who pass through this idyllic, hippie town. Its reputation for fresh food and a delicious selection of baked products soon had this bakery supplying to grocery stores, hotels and restaurants across North Goa.