Built in traditional Goan Portuguese style and constructed of locally available eco- friendly material, the Languna Anjuna house features walls of thick laterite stone with carved lintels, a roof of terracotta tiles set on coconut wood rafters and floors of oxidized stone. The interiors feature wrought iron furniture, Thonnet chairs, Le Corbusier sofas, stained glass and other tasteful accessories.
Apart from its lush tropical garden, the free form pool stands as the most distinctive feature of this property and welcomes you as you enter the property. Laguna Anjuna derives its name from the exotic pool, set in the periphery of a rock garden and trees.
- Guestrooms at Laguna Anjuna are spacious and individually styled in the “country” Indo-Portuguese style that carries through this house.
- The property additionally offers newer newer 2 bedroom cottages with adjoining living rooms and baths that are ideal for families and large groups.
FOR ROOM RATES & RESERVATIONS, PLEASE EMAIL THE HOTEL HERE>>
- The restaurant offers a menu that emphasizes simplicity, quality and natural locally available produce.
- The food on offer is multi-cuisine, encompassing favorite plates from across the Mediterranean, Europe, Mexico, Goa and India.
- The courtyard around the main house serves as the restaurant, and the interiors, the bar.
- We love the mezze platter and guacamole & nachos!
- Laguna Anjuna has been built on an estate of coconut and fruit trees, transforming the charming country home that now serves as the main guesthouse.
- Designed by award winning architect Dean D’ Cruz, the Laguna Anjuna rooms were constructed around the many coconut and fruit trees that blossomed here, carefully creating spaces and nooks in courtyards.
REVIEWS & PRESS
- Tripadvisor Guest Reviews. Rated #1 of 9 hotels in Anjuna
- Frommers: "Laguna Anjuna is perfect for those who want the best of both worlds -- you're close enough to Anjuna to enjoy the vibe, yet far enough away to be undisturbed by the nonstop party atmosphere
- Berlitz Traveller Guide: One of Goa's trendiest addresses, and possessing much more charm and intimacy than any of the areas five-star hotels"
- "Special places to stay" by "Alistair Sawdays: Lazy days! This funky, architect-designed resort-hotel is the ultimate, laid-back place to stay. It sits in a coconut grove verdant with bamboo, frangipani, banana and mango, theres an intimate central courtyard.
- Laguna Anjuna is in the Outlook Travellers "100 best Resorts and Retreats in India"