- Located just across the bridge over the Baga River, Le Poisson Rouge is considered one of North Goa's most popular chic- eateries. This charming open air restaurant is set in a charming tropical garden with coconut palms and exotic flowers.
- Le Poisson Rouge boasts a loyal patronage of connoisseurs from across the globe, some seeking a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars and others simply to enjoy the delicious food!
“Fresh local produce cooked with passion”
As the name suggests ("Le Poisson Rouge" translates to "The Red Fish"), the highlight in this restaurant is fish, and the menu here showcases seasonal local catch.
“Fresh local produce cooked with passion”, is the mantra at Le Poisson Rouge, stemming from the belief that exquisite flavours may be created by knowing, choosing and making the most of the products available.
All produce at this restaurant is sourced "on the spot" and the menu changes regularly based on what produce and catch is available at the present time.
Using established French culinary techniques and a selection of organic produce from the "Indian land", Le Poisson Rouge offers a delectable and distinctive Indo-French fusion Cuisine.
Says head-chef and owner, Gregory Bazire, "for us, cooking is a way to express ourselves, which like any artist, we want to share as an invitation to emotion."
BEER, COCKTAILS & WINES
- Aquatica offers delightful cocktails and an extensive wine menu featuring domestic wines as well as a selection of imported wines from Chile, Argentina, South Africa and Italy.
THE SEASONAL MENU
- The menu at Le Poisson Rouge changes regularly dependent on seasonal produce and catch, featuring culinary delights such as Baby Calamari stuffed with Prawns; River Crab & tender Coconut Tempura, Goan Rechado Massala served with Penne and Lobster Coulis Emulsion.There's also a Filet de Boeuf for the meat lovers and various veggie options.
THE 5 COURSE SET MENU
Le Poisson Rouge additionally features a set 5-course menu comprising Oyster Veloute, King Prawns and Vegetable Ravioli, Roasted Black Pomfret Fillet and Kingfisher-poached Kingfish; and for dessert- Moelleux au Chocolat. These items are also available a la carte.
Gregory Bazire is the creator and head-chef of Le Poisson Rouge, as well as Om Made Cafe (Anjuna Beach) and Aquatica (Ashvem/Morjim).
With an experience as a chef spanning over 10 years in Michelin Star restaurants from California to Ireland as well as his own family restaurant in Normandy, Gregory infuses his culinary creations with influences from across the globe.
In Goa, his restaurants follow one presiding credo, that great food is created by using only the freshest products that are locally available.
PRESS & MEDIA
- Le Poisson Rouge & New York Times link
- Though often synonymous with hippies, it’s the Portuguese’s lingering influence that makes India’s seaside destination such an alluring place...
- Le Poisson Rouge & Aujourd'hui l'Inde link
Tourisme à Goa : Restaurant à Goa Le poisson rouge : Aujourd'hui l'Inde.
Actualités, articles et vidéos sur l'Inde actuelle : culture, tourisme, vie pratique, économie, investissement...
- Le Poisson Rouge & Lonely Planet link
- Relax. Lonely Planet has found the best of Goa & Mumbai for you - the freshest Portuguese-Indian dishes, the finest stretches of sand, Panaji's most picturesque laneways, Mumbai's liveliest bars and Ponda's spiciest plantations. Now just pick a spot and let our 5th edition take you to its highlights...