Set on the picturesque coastline of Morjim beach is the charming hotel named after the classic 1942 film. The sea-facing property, run by a Russian couple and catering largely to the Russian tourists, offers charming sea-view rooms with private terraces, an enchanting garden and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
Hotel Casablanca is located a minute’s walk from the pristine Morjim Beach and at the end of a narrow beach road. The hotel is set on an enchanting tropical garden that features an ancient well and faces the Arabian Sea. The hotel offers 12 rooms, 6 basic rooms located on the ground floor, and 6 deluxe rooms on the first floor. It additionally offers sports facilities and fitness equipments, and fabulous multi-cuisine restaurant and bar, and scooter rental services. The hotel is run by a Russian couple, and has become a popular choice for Russian tourists.
THE ROOMS AND RESTAURANT
click to enlarge or download image
- The 12 hotel rooms offer similar floor plans, with the exception of one master suite ideal for couples, families or groups. The six rooms located on the ground-floor are eastward facing and offer private terraces. Each of the guestrooms on the upper floor is additionally equipped with a TV and stocked mini-bar, and features French windows leading out to a private covered balcony.
- The rooms are deliberately without air-conditioning, however, the ceiling fans that are provided are ideal for the warm Goan afternoons. The windows look out to the beautiful gardens of the Casablanca property and the ocean beyond the palms.
- The Casablanca restaurant offers an international menu, featuring the owner’s favourite dishes from across the globe. Try an English porridge with fruits for breakfast, Fajitas from Mexico and Spaghetti Bolognese and Frutti di Mare from Italy, American burgers, and of course delights from Russia: Borscht, Solyanka and cutlets. And let's not forget their complete Indian menu and Goa’s own fresh seafood, prepared just the way you like it. The restaurant additionally offers a kids’ menu and makes its own cheese.
- The bar meanwhile mixes up fabulous cocktails all day, and the wine list features a wide selection of domestic as well as fine international wines.
- Named after the iconic 1942 movie, Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, this hotel has been welcoming guests to its charming Morjim beach property since it was built in 2006. Inspired by the film's famous closing line, " I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship", Casablanca is run as a family hotel and restaurant, where the staff, guests and friends are considered family.
- Conceived, built and managed by a Russian couple, Igor and Natalia, who decided to leave their home in Saint Petersburg, Russia and relocate to Goa in 2006. They now spend the winter months in sunny Goa, along with their yound son, Alexander, their a dog and cat.
- The business is in collaboration with their partner Robert Cautino, and they are assisted in the daily operations by an international team of kitchen and hotel-keeping staff. Casablanca invites an international crowd, though, it has become increasingly popular with Russian tourists. The restaurant and bar has become the place where old friends convene, share a drink and catch up on stories.
- Seaside resort in Morjim
- Run by Russian couple
- Charming property & rooms
- Beautiful garden featuring ancient well
- A minute's walk from beach
- Convivial multi-cuisine restaurant
- Hotel Casablanca Bar & Restauarnt
- Morjim Beach, Goa
- GOOGLE MAP
- M: (Igor): +91 9822985576
- M: ( Natalia): +91 9822532882
- Restaurant: +91 832 645 38 04
- E-mail: HERE>>
- • Sea-facing garden property
- • 12 guestroom
- • 1 suite
- • High speed Wifi
- • Sports equipment and facilities
- • Scooter and taxi rentals
- • Airport pick-up and drop-off service
- • Restaurant w/ international menu
- • Full-service cocktail bar
If you liked Casablanca, you may also like: