- With easy access from the busy Arpora-Anjuna main road, this charming little cafe is set in a quiet residential tree-lined neighbourhood.
- Baba au Rhum is divided into two, the bakery that supplies to restaurants and hotels across north Goa, and the cafe and pizzeria where people convene for good food and a good laugh.
THE CAFÉ& PIZZERIA
- The café comprises the ground floor with long wooden tables and benches, and the upstairs 'Chill-Out' strewn with low tables, mattresses, pillows and throws.
- From breakfast till lunch and again in the evening, the mood here is friendly, laid back and cool. Music from across the world plays over the speakers all day and guests here often linger long after their plates are empty. The café is well staffed and the team is always on hand with friendly smiles and attentive service.
- The speciality here is the fresh sandwiches prepared with breads freshly baked on the premises every day. Another highlight is the delectable pizza, fired fresh from their wood oven.
- Other Baba au Rhum specials are the daily quiches, hamburgers, hearty salads and fresh fruit juices. And let’s not forget their signature deserts, baked fresh daily and sinfully tempting.
- Since their inception, the bakery has been specializing in French breads and croissant. This year, owing to growing demand, the management has recruited a European pastry chef to extend their offerings in the dessert selection. The Baba au Rhum pastry specialities are Mille Feuilles, Strawberry tart, Lemon tart and chocolate as well as coffee éclairs.
- The Baba au Rhum bakery supplies to hotels, restaurants and super markets across Goa, as well as for large private orders (weddings, birthdays etc.).
PLACING AN ORDER
- If you would like to place an order with the bakery, you may contact Leo Michaud by phone at +91 9822078759 or by email.
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
- NIKKO Homemade Ice Cream offers you a variety of homemade ice creams & sorbet. The ice cream is prepared by hand using only natural products without artificial flavour or colorant.
- SORBETS :
- Mango / Lemon / Orange / Watermelon / Muskmelon / Pineapple / Strawberry / Mango / Apple cinnamon
- ICE CREAM :
- Chocolate / Vanilla / Coffee / Banana / Pineapple / Strawberry / Almond Saffron / etc....
- Contact for prices or order : Nico +91 9096886133, Sylvia 8975522699
- Conceived, developed and run by Leo Michaud and Dayini Feraud, Baba au Rhum opened in 2006 and has, over the years, created a niche for itself in Goa.
- Baba au Rhum was founded based on a perceived need gap in this busy beach town for a French bakery that catered to the large segment of European residents and visitors in Goa. Without any prior culinary experience, Leo is now a self-taught baker, mastering the skill to a level that his baked creations are supplied to other businesses across north Goa.
- Baba au Rhum has been reviewed and featured in various national magazines and television programs. (Outlook Traveler, GQ india, N-dtv, Nahvind times etc.).