THE WUG AMBASSADOR INTERN:
WEBSITE MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT!
Competency: Proficiency in English a must! Familiarity with Internet & website
Area:Sales, Business Development & Marketing
Skills: Communication (verbal, interpersonal & written) & Presentation Skills.
Location: Goa, India
Period: November 2013- April 2014
- The WUG & Co. will be recruiting 2 students from leading campuses across the globe to be a part of The WUG Ambassador Internship Program (The WAIP). Students will be trained and responsible for a range of activities, and can later tailor the program to suit their particular interests, based on individual achievement.
- Successful candidates will be given performance based remuneration and bonuses, in addition to the set internship compensation.
- If you like a challenge, are comfortable with a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic work environment, and can easily blend people skills with core business acumen, you may be the type of person we are looking for!
- Over the course of the internship period, which comprises the key tourist season in Goa, the candidate will be trained by the founders of the website themselves on key skills related to website management, including Internet Marketing, Social Media Marketing, traditional Local Marketing & PR, Ad-Sales, Content Management, Events & Design. Candidates will also have the opportunity to present to the heads of the leading businesses in Goa, from hotels, restaurants to spas, boutiques, tour agency and other hospitality and leisure businesses. The candidate will additionally have the opportunity to work with local and international media, and various promotional partners.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Students will be trained and responsible for a number of different activities, and can later tailor the program to suit their individual interests, based on their performance and achievement. The activities will include some of or all of the following:
CONTENT MANAGEMENT: Manage website content to ensure it is always updated, correct, relevant & optimized.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Work in conjunction with other team members to manage & maintain regular updates to all employed social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Myspace.
BLOG: Work in conjunction with other team member to help manage content for BLOG on a regular basis, ensuring content is optimized (all required keywords are incorporated).
NEWSLETTER: Work in conjunction with other team members to ensure newsletters are sent by deadlines.
• Opportunity to Manage Newsletter Content: suggest topics, research content, manage/create content- in conjunction with other team members.
DATABASE: Regularly update database of subscribers from website sign-up, social networks, emails, etc.
MAILING LIST CAMPAIGNS: Increase newsletter subscribers list by executing mailing list campaigns at strategic high visibility events and locations around Goa.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT: running of website, marketing activities, client relations, ad-management and general administrative operations.
Sales, Business Development & Marketing
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Manage BD activities for WUG to increase membership of businesses and Ad-Sales.
• Research for prospective clients & identify new business opportunities. Develop new contacts.
• Present to prospects and manage all follow-up activities thereafter, from the point of first contact and contract is signed, until the client’s page is published.
• Reporting, in conjunction with other team members, to measure impact metrics of ad-campaigns, for internal purposes and reporting to client.
CLIENT RELATIONS: to ensure Clients are always satisfied!
• Regular interfacing with Members regarding updates to their content, event promotions, membership renewals & upgrades.
MARKETING: Manage & monitor strategies for entry and penetration into domestic & international markets.
• Local Promotions: Manage all on-going local promotions, including billboard & display ads, sticker, flyer & mailing list campaigns, etc.
• Partnerships: Build relations with partner businesses to cross-promote website & services, including other websites, travel & tour agents, medical groups in Goa and across India.
• Local Media Management/PR: Prospect and manage media relations with leading magazines and publications in India to feature website.
• International Digital Media Management: Prospect and manage media relations with leading international online travel related websites and travel agencies online to feature website.
- IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- We recruit based on behavior and interests; we train you to develop your skills and experience.
- BASICS: Candidate must display the following basic skill sets:
- • Proficiency in English, conversational & writing
- • Basic understanding of Internet & digital media
- • Excellence in communication & presentation abilities
- • Expert in all MS Office softwares, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- • Some knowledge of graphic software, Paint, Picture Manager, Photoshop, Corel, etc.
- • WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL LOCALLY ON WORK RELATED ACTIVITIES
- INTERESTS/EXPERIENCE: Candidate should have interest and/or experience in:
- • Marketing & Business Development: online & traditional
- • Client Relations & Sales, preferably Ad-Sales.
- • Working knowledge of Websites; preferably in Website Management & Internet Marketing
- BEHAVIORAL: Behavioral traits we look for in candidates are:
- • Confidence & Adaptability
- • Effective Communicator, Presenter & Networker
- • Analytical & Problem Solver
- • Integrity & Accountability
- • Enthusiasm, High Energy, Focused & Self-Directed
- • Detail Oriented
- • Creativity & Innovation