A BEACH-SIDE HIDEAWAY
Amarya Shamiyana, the third installment by the Amarya Group is a cheerful and intimate resort located in the trendy Ashvem area, right on its picturesque beach. The four tents ('shamiyana' in hindi) are luxuriously spacious with high ceilings and wispy drapes to partition individual spaces inside. Each 'tented-suite" is designed around an individual colour code: purple, pink, turquoise & gold. The bathrooms are large with tasteful modern fittings, a generous mirror and a hand-made wooden shower-stall with a fabulous rain-shower.
The service is personal and caring, where the staff goes to every length to cater to individual fancies. The kitchen only serves up a sumptuous breakfast spread and easy snacks, which although simple, use only the freshest produce and finest products. The Amarya has strategically tied up with the popular La Plage restaurant located just beside it for its fine cordon bleu that may be served in the privacy of one's own tent. For more info visit the hotel website:
The Amarya offers four royal shamiyanas (tents), each individually designed around four color palettes: Aqua (Turquoise & Green), Pretty in Pink, Royal Purple (Purple & Blue) & Metallic Gold (Gold & Silver).
Each tent offers:
- A covered area of 64 sq meters (6.4 m. in height)
- 1 Master bedroom & 2 private saloons (option to convert to additional bedrooms)
- En-suite modern bathroom w/ rain-shower (hot & cold water)
- Private veranda
- Electronic Safe & secure lockable cupboards
- Mobile Phone for usage
- I-pod Docke
- Complimentary Wifi
For room rates, please visit Amarya Shamiyana's website
New to the Amarya camp is the 2 meter high Yoga Studio that sits under a shaded canopy. The studio offers stunning of Arabian Sea, which makes an ideal backdrop for the daily yoga classes held here through the season.
The yoga classes administered here are by Anjalika Bose, an architect/designer turned Yoga teacher. Anjalika has been actively teaching yoga for 5 years and has been certified to teach yoga by the International Yoga Alliance, after completing 200 hours of teacher training with Frog-Lotus Yoga, in Algarvae, Portugal.
Refer to Schedule & Charges on Right!
About Anjalika Bose: Anjalika founded Ziyayoga (Ziyayoga) in 2010 in Delhi, with an aim to evolve it into a school of thought with roots set deep in traditional Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga practice. Anjalika offers her students the freedom to choose their own path, their own illumination or 'Ziya' through the practice of Yoga.
Anjalika has experienced yoga practice in Sweden, Spain, Poland, the Netherlands and of course India, teaching whenever she had the opportunity. Her collaboration with the Amarya Group of Hotels has brought Anjalika to Goa, to the beautiful sea-facing yoga studio at Amarya Shamiyana on Aswem beach, where she will be teaching 3 times a day.
- Sharing its Pavillion Tent with the Nana-ki Paris boutique is the elegant and laid-back Nespresso cafe. Furnished in colorful and contemporary fursnhings, with complimentary WiFI, the cafe offers a charming spot for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Guests may choose from over ten popular Nespresso flavours while they shop at the adjascent boutoque or just as an afternoon reprise.
THE SHOP BY NANA-KI, PARIS
- Sharing its canopy with the Amarya Nespresso bar (coffee & shopping!), is the Indo-French designer boutique, 'The Shop by Nana Ki Paris' created by mother and daughter team, Danielle and Chloe Le Bonnois. The Nana Ki collections featured here have been specially created for Goa. <Nana-Ki Website>
NANA-KI for GOA
- The Nana Ki collections featured here have been specially created for Goa and employ only natural fibers, be it cotton, linen, silk or Pashmina, featuring classic cuts (ideal for women of every age) with traditional hand-stitched Indian embroideries and designs that have been refined for the global connoisseur.
OTHER PRODUCTS & BRANDS
- The Shop additionally showcases Nana-ki's own home-textile brand (haveli) and children's line (Lola's World), as well as beachwear, accessories and Havana thongs (procured directly from Brazil) and several independent designers, including bags by the hot new brand, JOLI, Proudly Made in India (see their FB Page).