- Cheshire Cat Gallery is home to an eclectic collection of jewellery, fashion and art. Jewellery takes the centre stage here featuring two ranges of Van Andel & Peace’s own designs as well as original collections by a selective group of International designers and artists in Goa, hand-picked by Andel & Peace. A combination of new collections by regular designers, and constantly changing exhibitions from up and coming promising new talent means there is always something new to see with every visit to Cheshire Cat Gallery GOA.
• Van Andel & Peace (www.vanandelandpeace.com)
• Monica Kasuri (www.kasurigemsdesigns.com)
• Emma Chapman Jewels (www.emmachapmanjewels.com)
• Nathan Mealey
• Shanti Riot
• Empower healing crystals
• Pink India (www.pinkindia.com)
• Komal's Enneagram Flows
• Holy Cow;
• Komal Whirls
• Michelle Barnasse : cotton jersey casual wear
• Holy Cow : Italian silk kaftans
• Aurobelle (www.aurobelle.com)
• Kalakar : Goan handloom woven shawls
• Mystry : Leather designer handbags
- Visiting Artists:
• Various international artists
DESIGN & COLLECTIONS
- Van Andel and Peace blend traditional motifs with very contemporary styling. Their singular creations have been described as “Fairytale-Baroque” where each piece begins as a vision that gradually evolves as the work progresses. Following no set rules and confined by no boundaries, this jewellery is designed for women with a strong sense of individuality and style.
VAN ANDEL & PEACE
- Van Andel & Peace:
- This luxuriously romantic line is made of lasting and beautiful materials—Using ancient techniques of goldsmithing such as granulation and filigree, and working with rich 22ct gold, and sterling silver and showcasing quality gemstones such as emeralds, rubies, sapphires and diamonds, specially selected for their depth of colour and purity, and further accentuated with a combination of multi-coloured smaller gemstones, Karen and Kees and create eye-catching combinations of light and textures that delight and amaze.
- All pieces are unique and handcrafted. Kees works closely with his team of master goldsmiths in his studio attached to the gallery.
- Bespoke Design Consultation by Appointment:
- Van Andel& Peace maintain an exciting collection of fine gemstones, sourced from exotic locations throughout the world, and will customize clients personal wishes into unique pieces of timeless jewellery.
CHESHIRE CAT BEADED JEWELLERY
- Cheshire Cat Beaded Jewellery: Using unique combinations of colours and textures with silver or gold accents, this collection of fine beaded jewellery is modern, feminine and uber-chic. Timeless affordable jewellery that appeals to women of all ages.
KAREN & KEES
- Cheshire Cat comprises of husband and wife team, Kees van Andel and Karen Peace. Kees, who studied at the College of Art in Rotterdam, Netherlands and has been designing in various mediums all his life, is the artist behind the Cheshire Cat singular designs. Karen is from the UK, and she oversees all aspects of their sales and business affairs.
THE SHOWROOM, WORKSHOP & TEAM
Their original retail outlet, opened in 2005 in Anjuna was relocated to its present location in Assagao in 2009. Cheshire Cat Gallery is a complete experience, where design, production and sales showroom are all found under the same roof of their airy mansion. There are two workshops here, the first where Kees works closely with his team of master-goldsmiths meticulously crafting each design by hand, and the other for beading jewellery in which he has trained a group of local young women to assist him year round. The showroom is run by Karen and her skilled team of sales assistants.