- The Light of Creation shop, located on the vibrant Arambol beach road, offers a congenial and laid-back shopping experience. Featuring everything from their own jewellery to fashion, apparel & accessories by leading designers in Goa as well as those sourced globally, this is an ideal place to find a gift for a loved one...or for yourself!
- The shop features a range of jewellery collections by the Light of Creation brand, featuring precious as well as non-precious metals, precious and semi-precious stones and other original designs, including: Silver jewellery; Facetted stone necklaces; Brass Jewellery; Brass beads, stone beads, stones and thread on retail and wholesale.
OTHER PRODUCTS & BRANDS
- The LOC shop additionally features a variety of other products of interest to their shoppers, including:
- Fashion & Apparel: Imported swimwear, imported undergarments & lingerie; apparel for men, women and children featuring Goan brands of other areas, including Aum Made, TryDis, Symbolica, Karmasutra; Fashion & apparel sourced from travels across the world)
- Accessories: Bags, pocket-belts, purses; customized hair accessories.
- Home: Lights (flowers, butterfly, natural leaves)
- The business that was conceived 6 years ago on a shoe-string budget is now a flourishing jewellery brand featuring high quality precious and semi-precious stones. They have also been exporting their distinctive collections to boutiques across Europe since 2006.
- Each Light of Creation piece of jewellery is handmade and unique. The intricacy of their work and design is immediately apparent and distinguishes them from other brands. They work with wax as well as non wax thread, which allows for a lot of diversity in their creations.
- Mumu and Gash are always at hand, either at their own boutique or at their weekly market kiosks, to guide you in selecting the perfect stone and piece for you!
'Light of Creation' comprises husband & wife team, Muriel & Gash.
Mushtaq Shah (Gash), a native of Kashmir, has more than 12 years of experience working with semi precious stones and 10 years in macramé, an art in which he is self-taught. Gash has created his unique style of using thin thread to create distinctive and truly beautiful pieces of jewellery.
Muriel Cazadamont (Muriel or Mumu), who is from France is an avid traveller and first came to India in 1998, a country to which she has been returning to ever since. With a degree in Psychology, Muriel had never envisioned her life to take the creative path it would soon embark upon...
GASH & MURIEL
Muriel and Gash first met in 2004 in Dharamsala, a charming Himalayan hill-station in Himachal Pradesh (a place that has been the refuge of the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan people since 1960). It is here that their romance began a year later and where Light of Creation was born shortly after. The couple opened their first outlet in Chapora in North Goa.
Their unique partnership and skills was a match made in jewellery heaven. Gash, brought his technical know-how and skills, and Muriel, her instinctual affinity for colour and strong business acumen, and together their brand grew steadily; their vision and brand becoming more refined...
In 2006, The Light of Creation outlet was relocated to their current address on Arambol's bustling main road, en-route to the beach, an ideal location for a respite after a day in the sun. Here, clients can always look forward to being personally greeted by either Mumu, Gash or Adil (Gash's cousin and now a member of the LOC team), who are always eager to assist in choosing the "perfect" piece for each individual.