MALINI RAMANI @ CALANGUTE, GOA
Located on the bustling Calangute-Candolim main road opposite St. Anthony's Church, the Malini Ramani seaside flagship is hard to miss with its glitzy window featuring the designer's glamorous collections. The boutique receives a steady footfall of loyal Malini Ramani-fans.
Inside, the boutique is splashed with shades of Miami Beach and stocked with designs Malini's own distinctive look, including her recent collections of sexy, breezy resort and beach wear as well as her own line of sexy footwear of colorful wedge-healed kolalapiri sandals. Also available at the boutique are beach bags and bikinis hand-selected from Bali, Ambika Pillai cosmetics, Cue (by designers Rohit & Rahul) men’s shirts, must-have Havanas thongs/slippers and a range of accessories.
WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW
SPRING -SUMMER 2012
- True to form, Malini has designed a fabulous Spring – Summer 2012 collection that incorporates all her signature elements from over the years. The splashy, sexy, colorful collection has silhouettes that range from her ever-popular jumpsuits to long gypsy styled dresses, fringed kaftans and shirtdresses.
- The pairing of lots of unique elements with fabrics is fun and innovative. Maximum Malini uses pop-colors, block prints, mirror work, fringes, studs, sequins, lehariya and appliqué work. The fabrics are wide and varied and these include silk lycra, jersey, crochet, lace, chiffon and soft cotton.
- Maximum Malini is a delightful collection that brings to mind love, happiness and an endless summer. The perfect wardrobe for vacations and balmy nights all through the Indian summer. The Maximum Malini girl is super-confident, sexy, and modern and lives life to the fullest. The creative collection gives a visual voice to the aspirations of this modern fashionista.
- As with every Malini Ramani collection, the Resort 2010 features sexy, glamorous and feminine pieces. The Resort 2010 collection particularly showcases breezy, sexy resort wear with many wearable pieces, including an Indian summer collection.
- The resort-wear collection encompasses five distinct lines, entitled "Journey of Love"; a story of a woman in search of love through Mexico, the Cote d'Azur, Rajasthan and Zanzibar and finally, Mumbai.
- The collection is ideal for the fashion conscious woman vacationing in Goa, whether her day is spent on the beach, relaxing poolside in a resort, dining out or out partying at one of Goa’s slick do's.
Malini Ramani was born in New York, but moved to India at the age of 11. Following her degree in ‘Fashion Buying and Merchandising’ at F.I.T. in New York, she returned to India once again in 1990, where she was eager to be a part of the revolution of a "New Youthful India." Following stints in Radio, TV, Nightclubs and even writing for a popular gossip column, Malini returned to what she knew best, Fashion.
Mailini’s debut collection "Rock star meets Indian Princess" at the inaugural LIFW in 2000 drew rave reviews from critics and consumers across India. Since then, Malini’s collections have been hot favourites with Bollywood stars and fahionistas across the globe.
Her design mantra is straight forward- she designs pieces that she herself would wear. Her collections are always sexy and chic, colourful, sparkly, feminine and flirty, characterized by plunging necklines, beading, sequence and embroidery, figure hugging silhouettes, raised hemlines or at the least, thigh-high slits.
Her aesthetics combine Eastern themes and patterns with Western glamour; her inspiration is derived from various parts of the world through which she regularly travels. Her clothes are made for the daring, the fabulous and sexy modern woman.