- Set amidst a tropical landscape on a verdant Ashvem hill, Sur la Mer offers unsurpassed views of the lush surroundings and of the Arabian Ocean beyond. This charming hotel is conveniently located a minute's drive (or a 15 minute walk) from the pristine Ashvem beach, but is set apart from its bustling holiday crowds to offer quiet tranquillity as soon you walk through its majestic antique doors.
- The hotel and its rooms all centre around the large swimming pool that forms the heart of this resort. With comfy deck chairs and large parasols as well as swim up bar service, it is easy to see why guests often choose to spend their afternoons right here.
- The restaurant serves a substantial multi-cuisine menu, featuring everything from Indian (and Goan) and Pan-Asian to European fare. The restaurant boasts a traditional tandoor (clay oven) and prides itself on its North Indian menu. Its European menu is eclectic and delectable offering fresh seafood, pastas, bakes and more.
THE ROYAL ROOMS
- The ground floor is dedicated to 6 airy rooms, each individually decorated with pieces of fine antique furnishings and Indian art. The en-suite baths are large and are equipped with all the required 21st century fittings, including a rain shower.
- The 6 master suites are located on the 2nd floor of the hotel. In addition to its luxurious bed, each suite houses a loft with an added bed, ideal for families travelling with children. The bathrooms here are lavish and sprawling.
- The Penthouse sits apart from the rest of the hotel, commanding its own floor at the outer side the building and is completely glass enclosed to offer panoramic views. Gorgeously styled with handpicked antique furnishings, art and various objets d'art, along with its own sprawling private terrace and a decadent bathroom, it is easy to see why this penthouse is a hot favourite with vacationing celebrities.
- - “Full of character - Home from Home in real style! - by Tom Wilkinson from London; Reviewed on Feb 17, 2011
- - “Superb - had a fantastic time”, reviewed by Guest from Toronto, Canada, on Feb 12, 2011 - “A truly wonderful place...............” by "Bretty from London, reviewed on: Jan 9, 2011
- - “PARADISE IN NORTH GOA” by Guest from Cheshire (UK), reviewed on Jul 13, 2010
- - “Comfortable place to stay, with excellent food and a great host” by Harish fro Pune, Revied on Apr 4, 2010
READ MORE GUEST REVIEWS ON TRIPADVISOR <CLICK HERE>